On this page
- Upsell Funnels Overview
- Creating your First Upsell Funnel
- Funnel Priority
- Enabling / Disabling Upsell Funnels
- Actions available for Funnels
- Upsell Funnel Statistics
Upsell Funnels Overview
- An Upsell Funnel contains upsell and downsell offer product(s) that have been added to that funnel. You can think of an Upsell Funnel as an upsell tree. It's a single product or series of products that will be offered to a customer after they make a purchase on your store.
- You can create multiple Upsell Funnels and each product in your store can have its own unique funnel attached to it.
- For each upsell funnel you create, you will also create an Upsell Tag. An Upsell Tag is used to associate a particular upsell funnel with Trigger Product(s) in your store.
- A Trigger Product is the store product that your customer will purchase at checkout and determines which upsell funnel will be presented to a customer post-checkout.
- An Offer Product can be either an upsell or downsell product.
- The maximum number of upsell offers that can be presented to the customer after checkout process is completed is 3. The maximum number of downsell offers that can be presented is 2.
- A downsell offer will only appear for customers if they decline either the first or second upsell offer(s) presented.
Creating your first Upsell Funnel:
Click the "Funnel" icon in the left-side navigation menu to access the "Upsell Funnels" section of the app. Here is where you can create and manage all of your Upsell Funnels:
To create a new funnel, click the "Add New Funnel" button in the top-right corner. Name the funnel and enter the Tag Name you want used for this funnel. Then click the "Save" button to create the funnel.
*Note: The "Tag Name" you use for your funnel is how you associate the particular funnel with the store product(s) you want the funnel used on.
When an upsell funnel is created, it will automatically add a "hidden" Collection in the Products > Collections section of your Shopify admin. This hidden collection is used to show you which "trigger products" have been assigned the "upsell tag" from the particular upsell funnel:
Once you have two or more funnels created, you can set the Priority for them.
Funnel priority is used when the cart contains two or more triggers for different funnels. If this is the case, the trigger product associated with the funnel with the highest priority will trigger that funnel.
To change the priority, simply click the "Change Priority" button and drag the Upsell Funnel rows into the desired order. Once finished, click the "Done" button.
Enabling and Disabling Upsell Funnels:
Each upsell funnel you create can be either enabled or disabled, depending on whether you want to use it or not.
Simply click the switch below the "Status" column to enable or disable a funnel:
*Note: To enable an upsell funnel, you will need to have at least one product assigned with the Funnel's Tag making it a "Trigger" for the funnel.
Actions available for Funnels:
There are currently 3 Actions available from the funnels table: Edit Funnel, Duplicate Funnel and Delete Funnel.
- Clicking "Edit Funnel" opens the Upsell Funnel editor where you can add your upsell and downsell offers as well as configure other settings for the funnel.
- Clicking "Duplicate Funnel" allows you to make a copy of an existing funnel and all of the offers, split tests and settings configured within it. You can change the Funnel Name and Tag Name when making a copy.
- Clicking "Delete Funnel" allows you to delete the funnel if you no longer want to use it. In order to delete it, you will have to click the "Yes, Delete" button on the "Delete Funnel?" confirmation popup.
Upsell Funnel Statistics
The Statistics available for your Upsell Funnels can be categorized into two main views: Pre-Purchase and Post-Purchase.
To switch between views to see statistics for each offer type (pre-purchase / post-purchase), make your selection below Stats Display:
The following are the statistics available for each:
- Views - The total number of times the funnel was triggered. If the Upsell 1 product was never changed for the funnel, then the total number of Upsell 1 views within the funnel will be the same as Views for the upsell funnel itself.
Conversion - The conversion rate for the funnel. Calculated using the following formula:
Conversion = (# of times upsell 1 was bought + # of times downsell 1 was bought)/Funnel View
- Total $ - The sum total of all upsell/downsell offer products bought in the funnel.
- $/Visit - A relation between total product revenue vs how many times the upsell/downsell offers were shown.
You can sort your upsell funnels in ascending/descending order by any of the above statistics by clicking the statistic name at the top of the respective column: