⚠️ There are now 2 versions of OneClickUpsell. If the app was installed from the Shopify App store, you’re using the OneClickUpsell Native version which has a blue/orange color scheme. For the OCU Native knowledge base click here.
On this page
- Upsell Funnels Overview
- Creating your First Upsell Funnel
- Tag Funnels
- Product Variant Funnels
- Funnel Priority
- Enabling / Disabling Upsell Funnels
- Actions available for Funnels
- Upsell Funnel Statistics
Upsell Funnels Overview
- An Upsell Funnel contains upsell and downsell offer product(s) that have been added to that funnel. You can think of an Upsell Funnel as an upsell tree. It's a single product or series of products that will be offered to a customer after they make a purchase on your store.
- You can create multiple Upsell Funnels and each product or product variant in your store can have its own unique funnel attached to it.
- For each upsell funnel you create, you choose between Tag or Product Variant. An Upsell Tag is used to associate a particular upsell funnel with Trigger Product(s) in your store. The Product Variant option can be used to make a more targeted offer for specific product variant(s) instead.
- A Trigger Product is the store product that your customer will purchase at checkout and determines which upsell funnel will be presented to a customer. A trigger product can either be Tag or Variant-based, depending on which option is chosen when creating the funnel.
- An Offer Product can be either an upsell or downsell product.
- The maximum number of post-purchase upsell offers that can be presented to the customer after checkout process is completed is 3. The maximum number of downsell offers that can be presented is 2.
- A downsell offer will only appear for customers if they decline either the first or second upsell offer(s) presented.
Creating your first Upsell Funnel
Click the "Funnel" icon in the left-side navigation menu to access the "Upsell Funnels" section of the app. Here is where you can create and manage all of your Upsell Funnels:
To create a new funnel, click the "Add New Funnel" button in the top-right corner.
You will be presented with 2 different Funnel Types that you can choose from:
- Product Variant
Use the Tag type if your product has no variants or you want the upsell funnel to apply to all variants of a product.
Use the Product Variant type if you want the upsell funnel to apply to specific product variant(s) instead.
To create a Tag funnel type, choose Tag from the "Select Trigger Type" dropdown menu that is shown in the "Add New Funnel" popup:
Name the funnel and enter the Tag Name you want used for this funnel. Then click the "Save" button to create the funnel.
*Note: The "Tag Name" you use for your funnel is how you associate the particular funnel with the store product(s) you want the funnel used on. Details on how to apply the Tag to your store product(s) that you want to make Trigger Products for the funnel can be found in our help article here.
When an upsell funnel is created, it will automatically add a "hidden" Collection in the Products > Collections section of your Shopify admin. This hidden collection is used to show you which "trigger products" have been assigned the "upsell tag" from the particular upsell funnel:
Product Variant Funnels
To create a Product Variant funnel type, choose Product Variant from the "Select Trigger Type" dropdown menu that is shown in the "Add New Funnel" popup:
Enter in the Funnel Name and then click the Next button.
On the next screen, choose the specific product variant(s) you want to be the trigger for the funnel and then click the "Add" button.
*Note: Multiple product variants, including ones from other products, can be added as Triggers for the funnel if desired.
To add more product variants as Triggers after the funnel has been created, click the "+ Add Product Variant(s)" link from within the funnel:
By clicking on the Product Variants number within the funnel, you are also able to edit which product variants you want used as Triggers for the funnel.
Click on the ⚙ icon within the funnel to change the Trigger Type (Tag or Product Variant) for the funnel at any time:
*Important: If you want to add a product with all its variants as a trigger (or even several products with all variants) it's recommended to create a Tag-based funnel instead.
Once you have two or more funnels created, you can set the Priority for them.
Funnel priority is used when the cart contains two or more triggers for different funnels. If this is the case, the trigger product associated with the funnel with the highest priority will trigger that funnel.
To change the priority, simply click the "Change Priority" button and drag the Upsell Funnel rows into the desired order. Once finished, click the "Done" button.
Enabling and Disabling Upsell Funnels:
Each upsell funnel you create can be either enabled or disabled, depending on whether you want to use it or not.
Simply click the switch below the "Status" column to enable or disable a funnel:
*Note: To enable a Tag upsell funnel, you will need to have at least one product assigned with the Funnel's Tag making it a "Trigger" for the funnel.
Actions available for Funnels:
There are currently 3 Actions available from the funnels table: Edit Funnel, Duplicate Funnel and Delete Funnel.
- Clicking "Edit Funnel" opens the Upsell Funnel editor where you can add your upsell and downsell offers as well as configure other settings for the funnel.
- Clicking "Duplicate Funnel" allows you to make a copy of an existing funnel and all of the offers, split tests and settings configured within it. You can change the Funnel Name and Tag Name when making a copy.
- Clicking "Delete Funnel" allows you to delete the funnel if you no longer want to use it. In order to delete it, you will have to click the "Yes, Delete" button on the "Delete Funnel?" confirmation popup.
Upsell Funnel Statistics
The Statistics available for your Upsell Funnels can be categorized into two main views: Pre-Purchase and Post-Purchase.
To switch between views to see statistics for each offer type (pre-purchase / post-purchase), make your selection below Stats Display:
The following are the statistics available for each:
- Views - The total number of times the funnel was triggered. If the Upsell 1 product was never changed for the funnel, then the total number of Upsell 1 views within the funnel will be the same as Views for the upsell funnel itself.
- Conversion - The conversion rate for the funnel. Calculated using the following formula:
Conversion = (# of times upsell 1 was bought + # of times downsell 1 was bought)/Funnel View
- Total $ - The sum total of all upsell/downsell offer products bought in the funnel.
- $/Visit - A relation between total product revenue vs how many times the upsell/downsell offers were shown.
You can sort your upsell funnels in ascending/descending order by any of the above statistics by clicking the statistic name at the top of the respective column: