⚠️ There are now 2 versions of OneClickUpsell. If the app was installed from the Shopify App store, you’re using the OneClickUpsell Native version which has a blue/orange color scheme. For the OCU Native knowledge base click here.
On this page
- CRMs and the built-in Abandoned Carts functionality
- Connecting your CRM
- Connecting your CRM Lists/Audiences
- How does the Abandoned Cart feature for OCU work?
- Abandoned Cart Restore Link
- Accepts Marketing
- Additional Notes
CRMs and the built-in Abandoned Carts functionality
To access the CRMs section to connect your supported CRM, click the "Settings" button from the left-side navigation menu, then click "CRMs":
The OneClickUpsell application provides you with the built-in ability to connect the following CRM/marketing automation systems:
Connecting your CRM
To connect your CRM, simply copy and paste your API key from your CRM into the desired CRM's section and click the "Connect" button:
Connecting your CRM Lists/Audiences
In order to enable the Abandoned Cart feature for OneClickUpsell for your CRM, simply select the "Cart Abandoned", "Order Completed" and "Offer Product Purchased" lists (not required for Klaviyo or the Mailchimp Ecommerce option) from your CRM after you've connected it to OCU:
Note: These Lists will need to be created within your CRM so that you can select them within the OCU app. You can also select existing lists from your CRM if desired. (Klaviyo will send this information over via API as Metrics. The Mailchimp Ecommerce option will add all checkout customers to the "Accepts Marketing" list selected for the "Mailchimp for Shopify" app.)
How does the Abandoned Cart feature for OCU work?
Depending on your customer's Checkout behavior they will be added to 1 of 3 lists within your CRM system. Use the data to setup campaigns, flows or automations within your CRM that get triggered when someone is added to a specified list.
- The customer has 30 minutes to finish their checkout, otherwise their cart will be marked as "Abandoned" in the "Checkouts" section of the app and their checkout data will be sent to the "Cart Abandoned" list you selected for your CRM.
*Note: A supported CRM system is required to be connected to OCU before customers will be marked with "Abandoned" status.
- Orders which are completed within 30 minutes will be marked as "Completed" in the "Checkouts" section of the app and their checkout data will be sent to the "Order Completed" list you selected for your CRM.
- Orders which are completed within 30 minutes AND have offers product(s) purchased will be marked as "Completed With Offers" in the "Checkouts" section of the app and their checkout data will be sent to the "Offer Product Purchased" list you selected for your CRM.
The checkout data for data for each checkout status above will be automatically passed into your connected CRM/Marketing automation system. More details about the specific data that will be passed for each status can be found in each CRMs help article within our help section.
In order to be added to your list, the customer will have to enter in their email address and contact info and then click the "continue to shipping method" button at Checkout. Otherwise, no data will be captured and they will not be added.
Abandoned Cart Restore Link
The abandoned cart restore link is being auto-generated by our abandoned cart functionality for each supported CRM. When the link is clicked in an email, the customer's checkout is restored with the abandoned item(s).
The way this link works is that it adds the product(s) to the cart then does an auto-redirect to OCU checkout. The messaging that shows on that page before the redirect happens is being pulled from the "Redirecting notice" field from Shopify admin as seen here:
The default text for this field is "Wait while we redirect you."
To edit this message, go to Settings > Checkout > Manage checkout language in your Shopify admin. Once there, use the filter field to search for "Redirecting notice" to quickly find the field and edit the message as needed.
The Abandoned Cart feature for OCU takes into account the "Customer accepts marketing" parameter (tied to the "Subscribe to our newsletter" checkbox during checkout) of a customer's profile. Information about the customer will only be sent into the connected CRM if one of the following conditions is reached:
- A registered customer (a customer who has an account on your store and is signed in during checkout) who has the "Subscribe to our newsletter" checkbox checked meaning they accept marketing.
- An unregistered customer who completes an order and has the "Subscribe to our newsletter" checkbox checked.
- An unregistered customer who hasn't completed an order.
OCU doesn't send information about the customer to your CRM if they're a registered customer who has unchecked the "Subscribe to our newsletter" check-box.
If your trigger or upsell products have emoji(s) in the title, it is recommended to remove those as they cause an issue with sending OCU metrics via API to Klaviyo.
If your trigger or upsell products have special characters in the title ( & ™ ® © @ # ! etc.), it is recommended to remove those as some of them cause an issue with updating custom fields in Ontraport.