On this page
- Integrating your Facebook Pixel ID with the OneClickUpsell app
- Track Total Cart Value in Facebook (Optional)
- Finding your Facebook Pixel ID in your Ads Manager Account
- Working with your Facebook Ads Manager account
- Creating the Custom Conversions
- Customize Columns in your Ads Reporting Dashboard
- Viewing the Data in your Ads Reporting Dashboard
- Automatic Advanced Matching
- Creating Your Facebook Pixel
Integrating your Facebook Pixel ID with the OneClickUpsell app
There are 2 ways to integrate your Facebook Pixel ID with the OCU app using our built-in integration. We also have integrations available for Trackify and Pixel Perfect apps that can be enabled in the Settings > Integrations section of OCU. If you will be using either of those integrations instead, don't add your FB Pixel ID to the OCU app's settings as it will cause issues.
1. If you're only using the Shopify native Facebook Pixel integration found under the Online Store > Preferences > Facebook Pixel section of your Shopify admin, then that is all that will be required to configure OCU for Facebook.
2. If you're not using the Shopify native Facebook Pixel integration, then you'll need to head to the Settings > General section of the app and paste in your Facebook Pixel ID into the corresponding field below the "Tracking & Marketing" section:
If you have a Facebook pixel ID added to BOTH the Shopify native integration as well as the OCU app, then the one inserted into the OCU app will take priority and be used for the OCU checkout on your store.
*Note: In the unlikely case that you are using 2 different Facebook Pixel account ID's, the one that is inserted into the OCU app will take priority.
Track Total Cart Value in Facebook (Optional)
With the OCU FB Pixel integration, it's possible to track the Total Cart Value by enabling the "Track Total Cart Value in Facebook" switcher. When enabled, the integration will pass the total cart value to Facebook including shipping, discounts and taxes.
*Note: The native Facebook Pixel ID integration for Shopify only sends the Subtotal amount. If you want the Total amount sent, then your Facebook Pixel ID needs to be added to the OCU app and the "Track Total Cart Value in Facebook" setting enabled.
Finding your Facebook Pixel ID in your Ads Manager Account
To get your Facebook pixel ID, navigate to your Facebook Ads Manager account: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager
Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and then select "Pixels". On the right side of the screen underneath your Pixel name, you can view your Pixel ID. This is the number that you need to copy and paste into the OCU app.
*Note: If you've never created your Facebook pixel or haven't used it yet, then please see the help documentation at the end of this guide for information on how to create and view your Facebook pixel.
Working with your Facebook Ads Manager account
Once your pixel ID is added to the OCU app you will have the ability to view the following Events which the app passes into your Facebook account:
*Note: You won't see the Event listed here until the action has been completed either by you through test purchases or through your customer's purchases. So they won't be listed here until the "Event" has actually been triggered on your store.
If you want ALL of these events to show, you can place tester orders where you have an upsell funnel assigned with 3 upsells and 2 downsells configured to show.
- Place one test order and accept upsells 1, 2 and 3.
- Place another test order and decline the 1st upsell, but accept the 1st downsell.
- Place a final test order and accept the 1st upsell, decline the 2nd upsell and accept the 2nd downsell.
Once you've gotten these "Events" to fire in your Facebook Ads Manager account, the second step that you need to do is to click on the "Menu" in the upper-left corner and select "Custom Conversions" found under the Measure & Report section.
Within Custom Conversions you then need to create a customer conversion for each post-purchase OCU event that you want to view the data for in your Reporting Dashboard.
These events will be happening and data will be tracking, but if you actually want to see them in your ads reporting dashboard, then you've got to create a custom conversions for them:
Creating the Custom Conversions
To create the Custom Conversions:
1. Click the "Create Custom Conversion" button.
2. Under "Website Event" you select the event, in this case "FirstUpsellProductPurchased".
3. Name the Custom Conversion I.e. "OCU First Upsell Purchased".
4. Choose the "Category" as "Purchase" and leave the "Value" field empty (the value will be calculated correctly by OCU's integration) and then click the "Create" button to create the custom conversion.
Then you need to repeat this Customer Conversion creation process for each of the post-purchase OCU events listed that you want to be able to view in your Ads Reporting Dashboard.
*Note: The events will not actually show up under "Website Event" unless they've already happened at least once on your store. You need to either place test orders as described earlier or have live customer sales that trigger those events beforehand so they will show up for selection when creating your Custom Conversions.
Customize Columns in your Ads Reporting Dashboard
1. Click on the "Menu" button in the upper-left corner and select "Ads Manager".
Here you can view a reports dashboard for the Facebook ad campaigns that you're running. In this example, the "Performance and Clicks" view has been selected.
This shows us the "Performance and Clicks" data for this particular Facebook ads campaign that we're running, "BR Long Form Campaign" in this example:
2. To view the data for the initial purchases, click the "Columns" drop-down menu and select "Customize Columns...".
3. Select the "Conversions" category on the left and select "Standard Events". Then select the data points you want to see for the "Purchase" event (Total, Unique, Value, Cost and Unique Cost):
4. To view the data on how many post-purchase upsell/downsell purchases happened from this campaign, click the "Columns" drop-down and select "Customize Columns..." again.
5. Select the "Conversions" category and then "Custom Conversions" to select the custom conversions you created and want added to the Reporting Dashboard:
Upsell 1 Purchase, Upsell 2 Purchase, Upsell 3 Purchase, Downsell 1 Purchase and Downsell 2 Purchase.
Then select the data points you want to see for each Custom Conversion event (Total, Unique, Value, Cost and Unique Cost):
6. Then click the "Apply" button.
*Note: We don't recommend to select the Cost for these post-purchase events because all that is relevant here is the cost for the initial checkout purchase. We care about how much it cost to create a customer's initial order, not how much it costs for each individual upsell or post-purchase offer. So no need to select those Costs here as they're irrelevant.
Viewing the Data in your Ads Reporting Dashboard
Back in our "Ads Manager reporting dashboard" you can see both the initial checkout order data and each individual upsell and downsell offer that's happening in this campaign and the extra money made from each of those custom conversions.
In this Campaign for example, there were 8,121 checkout purchases, 751 people took Upsell 1, 28 took upsell 2 and 11 took downsell 1. You can also see the value for each custom conversion:
This is now how you can track in an Ad Campaign, Ad Set and an Ad, how many post-purchase offers are being taken and the value each of those as well.
It's a phenomenal feature for OneClickUpsell because it allows you to not only see all of the purchases that happen and the value of those events, but also the additional monies made from the post-purchase offers after someone has made their initial purchase.
*Note: Keep in mind that Facebook's attribution under the Conversion Value column is about 20-30% light in our experience so you can always round these numbers up a little bit.
If you wanted to see the Total monies made from this campaign (initial purchases + post-purchase offers taken) then you would sum up the revenue accrued from the initial purchases and all of the post-purchase offers taken as well.
Automatic Advanced Matching
The Facebook Pixel integration for OneClickUpsell works automatically with the "Automatic Advanced Matching Method".
Automatic advanced matching can improve the performance of your ads by increasing your custom audience size, attributing more conversions, better optimization, and higher reach for your re-marketing campaigns.
With Automatic Advanced Matching enabled, here is an example of the data that can be collected for the different events fired via our Facebook pixel integration:
Creating Your Facebook Pixel
In order to create a new Facebook pixel, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account through the Facebook Ads Manager: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/pixel/facebook_pixel/
- Click "Tools" -> "Pixels" from the main navigation menu
- Choose "Facebook Pixel" and then click the "Create a Pixel" button at the bottom of the page
Enter a name for your Facebook Pixel and click the "Create Pixel" button in the pop up window
Your pixel is ready! Now you can copy the Pixel's code or email it.
Note: You can always access the Pixel code information by selecting Pixels -> Actions. The Pixel ID can also be found on the right side of the page underneath the pixel name: