On this page
- Test with a "Live" Checkout Test
- Possible Reasons why Shopify Checkout is being used for a Trigger Product
- Post Checkout Offer Sequence
- Issuing Refunds
Test with a "Live" Checkout Test
In order to properly test your upsell funnel, you'll have to run an actual live test order using a live credit card. We always recommend the store owner to run through a couple of test orders beforehand so that they know exactly how the app will present the post-purchase offers and to see if any issues arise.
Note: Live tests conducted by the store owner are being subjected to the 1.5% upsell revenue fee for any upsell/downsell offers purchased. We recommend to apply a 95% discount to your upsell/downsell offer pages during your test(s) to ensure you are being charged a minimal amount.
1. Add an OCU trigger product to your Cart and then click the Checkout button.
2. If successful, you should be directed to the OCU app's checkout. You will see "/apps/secure-checkout..." in the URL bar if the OCU app's checkout launched successfully.
3. Complete payment for your checkout order. The first upsell offer page will be shown next!
NOTE: It is important to make a payment of at least $0.50 (either product or shipping) for the initial checkout purchase in order to see the post-purchase upsell sequence. Otherwise, you'll be taken you right to the Thank You Page as soon as the main checkout is completed.
Possible Reasons why Shopify Checkout is being used for a Trigger Product
If Shopify checkout is processing products that should be going through OCU checkout, here are some possible reasons:
- You recently published a new Shopify Theme and didn't turn the OCU app off then back on.
- You are using a Shopify Buy Button (incompatible with OCU checkout).
- You are using a checkout permalink that links direct to Shopify checkout.
- You are not redirecting all traffic to your Primary domain in Online Store > Domains of your Shopify admin.
- You are directing to Checkout from your Product and/or Collection pages, but have not enabled the "Skip Cart Page" setting in OCU.
- Your product is featured on a landing page built with an app other than Zipify Pages and you are directing to "Checkout" from that landing page. Use the "Cart" option instead.
- You are using a pre-purchase upsell app that isn't compatible.
- The mobile version of your site directs to checkout and not cart.
- You have the PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay button(s) on your Cart page.
- You have exceeded Shopify's API limit due to high order volume.
- The OCU servers are under heavier than normal load.
If you notice any of these possible reasons, please correct them and then test again to ensure OCU checkout is being initiated consistently and reliably for your trigger products on your store.
Post Checkout Offer Sequence:
- The upsell offers will continue to be presented if the customer continues to accept the previous upsell offer presented. A maximum of 3 upsells offers can be presented.
- If they decline the first upsell offer, the first downsell offer will be presented. If they accept or decline the first downsell, they'll be taken to the TY page.
- If they decline the second upsell offer, the second downsell offer will be presented. If they accept or decline the second downsell offer, they'll be taken to the TY page.
Refunding OCU orders is a 2-step process. You can refund yourself in your payment processor (to return the funds to your card) AND in the Shopify Orders section (to keep inventory and reporting accurate) after making the live test order(s).
For more information on processing refunds please view the following help section here: Issuing Refunds