1. Go to Settings > General and click the "Application Status" switch to disable the OCU app. Select the "Soft Disable" option which allows any customers currently checking out on OCU 10 minutes to complete their orders. Your OCU app will become fully disabled after the 10 minutes has elapsed.
If your OCU app is already disabled, disregard this step.
2. Once the app has been fully disabled, go to Settings > Payments > PayPal Processor within the OCU app:
3. Click the Switcher so that the PayPal Processor is in a disabled state as shown below:
4. Click on the Processor dropdown menu and select "PayPal Express Checkout" from the menu:
5. Once PayPal Express Checkout is selected for your PayPal processor, follow the steps in this help article to get your PayPal API credentials that you'll need to connect the integration:
*Important: As noted in the help article above, your PayPal account must have Reference Transactions enabled for it to use the PayPal Express Checkout integration for OCU.
If your PayPal account is based in the EMEA Region, you should now qualify for Reference Transactions to be enabled for your account simply by emailing or calling your PayPal Account Manager or PayPal Customer Service in your region.
To enable this protection, you need to create your own Source Website Identifier.
Creating your Source Website Identifier (SWI)
Use this pattern to create your own SWI (Source Website Identifier):
[abbreviated merchant name]_[Merchant ID]_[Abbreviated Product Name]
Step 1) Find your PayPal [Merchant ID], that looks like this: 1DONT29USE96C
PayPal directions to locate your merchant ID from within your PayPal account here.
Step 2) Add the [abbreviated merchant name], we recommend using the first part of your MyShopify URL. yourstore.myshopify.com Shorten further if needed.
Step 3) Add [Abbreviated Product Name], OCU will work just fine in this place.
The final result that you can use whenever a Source Website Identifier is requested for PayPal will look something like this, but with YOUR information:
Check the number of characters here. Has to be 32 or less characters, with no spaces. The SWI is only for PayPal internal use and is a way to clearly delineate your store from other stores.
Any new merchant using the OCU app in EMEA Region will be required to have the FraudNet data activated in order to have Reference Transactions enabled for their account.
All users will then have to activate FraudNet ID within the OCU app by creating and add a SWI into the "Source Website Identifier" field.
7. Once you've filled out the required fields, click the Processor switcher once again to enable the PayPal Express Checkout integration for your OCU app:
8. Your PayPal account is now connected to the OCU app using the PayPal Express Checkout integration!
Once connected successfully, you can then re-enable your OCU app on your store by going to Settings > General and clicking the "Application Status" switch to enable the app.
When connecting any new payment processor to OCU, we always recommend running a live test order to ensure everything processes correctly.