On this page
- Viewing, Editing and Adding Trigger Product(s)
- Change Offer Priority
- Offer Statistics
- Offer Options available in the More Options menu
- Creating a Split Test (A/B)
- Starting a Split Test
- Pausing or Stopping a Split Test and Picking a Winner
Within each Upsell Funnel you create, you will be able to go in and start adding pre- and post-purchase offers you'd like to make to your customers. Within the funnel is called the Funnel Builder. More details on adding pre- and post-purchase offers to your funnel can be found here in our help article.
Once you've built-out your funnel, additional options become available for each offer and for the funnel in-general. The following options are all available within the Funnel Builder:
- View and Add trigger products to the funnel
- Change the Name of your funnel
- Change the Offer Order within the funnel
- View Statistics on how each offer in the funnel is performing
- Access the "More Options" menu for each offer added
- Edit post-purchase offer pages and pre-purchase popup
- Create and Manage Split Tests
- Publish / Unpublish the Funnel
Viewing, Editing and Adding Trigger Product(s)
At the top of the Funnel Builder is the Trigger Products section. A trigger product is the store product you've associated the funnel with when you initially created the funnel. In this section, you can View and Edit the current trigger product(s) for the funnel as well as Add additional trigger products if needed.
To View and/or Edit the current trigger products for a funnel:
1. Click on the "✏️X Product(s)" button in the Trigger Products section at the top of the funnel builder.
2. In the "Edit Products" popup, you can see the current trigger product(s).
3. Check/un-check trigger product(s) you'd like associated with the funnel.
4. Click the "Save" button.
To Add more trigger products to the funnel:
1. Click on the "Add Product(s)" button.
2. In the "Add products" popup, select the additional trigger product(s) and/or specific product variant(s) you'd like added as triggers for the funnel.
3. Click the "Add" button.
⚠️Your upsell offer product must be visible to the Online Store sales channel in your Shopify admin, otherwise it will not be used. If it's not, you will see the following error message for the product you've added to the funnel:
- Product is not visible in store!
Navigate to the Products section of your Shopify admin. Find and open the product. Click the "Manage" link under "Sales Channels and Apps" to make the product available to the Online Store sales channel so it can be used as an upsell offer:
📝The Name of your upsell funnel can be changed at anytime by clicking on the ⚙️icon at the top of the Funnel Builder:
Change Offer Priority
You can change the order of your offers by clicking "Change Priority" button and simply dragging and dropping the offer cards to a different spot. If you drag a card on a spot that's already occupied by an existing offer, the two offers will swap places.
📝A pre-purchase offer is not able to be swapped with a post-purchase offer and vice-versa.
Statistics are shown for each individual offer within the Funnel Builder, so you can quickly gauge how well each one is performing. At-a-glance information is available for the following statistics on the offer card:
- Views - The total number of times the offer was viewed in this funnel.
- Conversion - The conversion rate for this offer in this funnel. Calculated using the following formula:
Conversion = (# of times offer was viewed )/(# of times offer was bought)
- Total $ - The total revenue generated by the offer in this funnel.
- $/Visit - Average amount of revenue made per offer page view I.e. on average, how much extra $ is this offer making you per view.
You are also able to view these stats for Desktop and Mobile devices separately!
To do that, simply click on the dropdown arrow to see the stats separated by device-type:
Offer Options available in the More Options menu
By hovering your mouse over the "more options icon", you can view and select the available offer page options:
- Rename Offer: Click this option to rename the offer within the funnel.
- Preview on store: Click this option to see the offer page "preview" opened in a new browser window. You can share this preview URL with your designer or anyone else you'd like so they can view the preview and give editing tips and suggestions for improvement.
📝Only available for post-purchase offer pages.
- Edit Offer Page: Click this option to open the Offer Page Editor to make all of your offer page edits and adjustments. The post-purchase Offer Page Editor is gone over in-detail in this help article.
- Create Split Test: Click this option to create a split test for the particular upsell/downsell offer product in the upsell funnel position. Detailed information on this feature is gone over below.
- Change Product: Click this option to change the upsell/downsell offer product you'd like used in the particular upsell funnel position.
- Delete Product: Click this option to delete the upsell/downsell offer product from the particular upsell funnel position.
Creating a Split Test
We provide the ability to Split Test (A/B) any and all of the upsell/downsell offer positions you've added to an upsell funnel!
We recommend implementing a split test at each and every funnel position so that you're constantly optimizing your offers and their conversion rates.
Example ideas for types of Split Tests you can run to find your best converting offers include the following:
- One product vs another
- Different discount levels and/or discount types ($ vs %)
- Different text/copy for the pages (Product description, Content 1, Content 2)
- Different Images (Content 1, Content 2)
- Short form vs Longer form offer, etc.
To create a split test for an upsell or downsell offer, follow the steps below:
1. Hover your cursor over the ... "more options" icon for an offer position where you want to create a split test.
2. Hover over the "Create Split Test" option where you'll see 2 options provided; Same Product or Different Product.
- Choosing "Same Product", an exact copy of the offer page will be made so you can split test the same product against itself, but with an offer page design or price variation. This way you can see which offer page design for the offer product is performing best in that particular upsell funnel position.
- Choosing "Different Product", you can split test a different product in that upsell funnel position to see which one performs better there I.e., has a higher $ / Visit or conversion rate.
3. Make your selection for Product B in the test, depending on which option you'd like to use.
4. Once Product B has been selected (same product or different product), the Split Test will be created.
📝The page will update to show which offer product is Page A (the control) and which is Page B (the variation) for the test.
⚠️If you choose the "Different Product" option and then enable the "Hide offer if upsell product is already in order" setting for the offer page:
If that same product is added to the customer's cart, then this product won't be shown even if it's included in a split test I.e. one offer page in the split test would receive more Views than the other. The data for the split test would still be accurate (the Conversion and $ / View stats provide the most useful information) but there wouldn't be an exact 50/50 split of page Views in this situation.
Starting a Split Test
Once the Split Test has been created, it will not start working until you actually Start the test. Until the test is started, 100% of traffic will continue to go to Page A.
To start the test, click the "Start Split Test" button. Then click the "Continue" button on the popup shown next. Pages will be split test evenly at a weight of 50/50.
📝Starting a split test will reset the statistics (number of views, conversion rate and revenue counter) to 0 for the particular upsell/downsell offer position where the test is started. However, this will not affect the overall funnel stats.
Pausing or Stopping a Split Test and Picking a Winner
Statistics for your running offer page split tests update as soon as the action is tracked. So if someone is accepting an offer, you can check it almost in real-time by refreshing the Funnel Builder page.
Once the split test has run for some time and you're satisfied with the amount of data gathered for it (TBD by the merchant), it's time to either pause or stop the test and pick a winner.
Click the "Pause Split Test" button to Pause the test. Once the test is in a paused state, all traffic will be directed to Page A until you either choose a winner or resume the test.
In the Paused state, you can make edits to either of the offer pages involved in the split test if desired by hovering over the "more options" menu and selecting "Edit Offer Page":
Once the test is Paused, you have 3 options available:
- Reset Statistics (resets all statistics to 0 for the split test).
- Resume Test
- Choose Winner
Depending on which action you'd like to take, click on one of the three buttons.
If you click the "Chose Winner" button, you will then be prompted to pick either Page A or Page B as the winner. Once you make your choice, the split test will be completed and you decide what to do with the losing page variant.
You can either choose "Keep Variant" if you want to use it in the split test again at a later time or you can choose "Delete Variant" to delete the losing page.
Please reach out to us in chat if you have any questions at all!