On this page
- App Overview
- Enabling Zipify Pages
- Publishing a New Store Theme
- Disabling Zipify Pages
- Details about how Snippet files are affected when the app is disabled/enabled
With Zipify Pages you can build high quality, conversion tested landing pages with a few clicks of your mouse. The app and pages built are fully integrated with Shopify.
Zipify Pages includes several templates that come directly from our businesses that you can customize to use on your store.
You can also build your own page from scratch using our large (and growing) selection of header, content and footer page-blocks.
Some of the things that can be done with Zipify Pages include the following: Create pre-sell pages, Email landing pages, Product offer pages, Holiday sales pages, Special Offer pages, Fully functional store Blogs and more! You can also collect leads to build your database for your preferred CRM system.
You're able to create all of these types of pages from scratch using our wide variety of predefined page blocks or use one of our amazing pre-built page templates!
Enabling Zipify Pages
- The first thing you need to do once Zipify Pages is installed on your store is to read and accept the Terms Of Service agreement. Then you'll able to access the app's administrative interface.
- Zipify Pages is disabled by default which is indicated by the red triangle sign over the Settings button of the navigation panel.
- In order to enable Zipify Pages, go to the Settings -> General tab and click the "Application status" switcher to the "On" position.
This will add some code into your store's theme (including styles) which is needed for the pages and blog posts published by Zipify Pages to function and be displayed with the correct page formatting.
Publishing a New Store Theme
If you change your store's theme, you’ll need to disable and re-enable the application for it to function properly again. This is not required if you are only updating or modifying your currently published theme.
Note: If the “Use theme header/footer” option is being used the page.custom.zipifypages.liquid template isn’t being updated when you publish a new theme or update the header/footer on your existing one so some additional actions are needed:
1. If no changes were applied to the page.custom.zipifypages.liquid file manually before the new theme was published, then you just need to delete the page.custom.zipifypages.liquid file by going to Online store -> Actions -> Edit code -> Templates. After that just disable/enable the Zipify Pages app from the Settings tab.
This will create a new page.custom.zipifypages.liquid file which is ready to work with your new theme.
2. If changes were manually applied to the page.custom.zipifypages.liquid file before publishing your new theme, then you need to manually transfer code from Layout theme.liquid (Online store -> Actions -> Edit code -> Layout -> theme.liquid ) into the page.custom.zipifypages.liquid file (Online store -> Actions -> Edit code -> Templates -> page.custom.zipifypages.liquid) to preserve the changes you applied before publishing the new theme.
Disabling Zipify Pages:
In order to disable Zipify Pages, go to the Settings -> General tab and click the "Application status" switcher to the "Off" position.
NOTE: When disabling Zipify Pages, it will also remove all the previously injected code from store theme. This means all published pages will remain on your site, but they will lack the needed styles and code so they will look improperly formatted and function incorrectly.
If you want to completely hide all of the published Zipify Pages pages from your store, you'll need to un-publish them first from the Home section of the navigation panel.
IMPORTANT! Always disable the Zipify Pages application before completely uninstalling it from your Shopify store.
Details about how Snippet files are affected when the app is disabled/enabled:
Some Snippet files are not being removed from the theme, but they’re refreshed after the app is enabled. Others are not being removed or refreshed at all (see details below).
In order to set those snippets to their default state, you need to manually remove them from the theme and then re-enable the app. They will then be added back to your store's theme automatically with default content.
Product snippets contain integration tags. The code placed between the integration tags will not be removed/altered after the app is re-enabled.
Note: We leave the product code snippets to save integrations with other applications if/when Zipify Pages is re-enabled.
These Snippets will not be removed when the app is disabled:
These Snippets will not be reset to default content when the app is disabled: