On this page
Use a Zipify Page as the Homepage
To make any one of your published ZP landing pages your store actual Homepage, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings > General > Use ZP Landing Page as the Homepage
2. Click the switcher there to the "ON" position, select your desired ZP landing page from the drop-down menu that appears and then click Save.
That's it! Your selected ZP landing page will now be used for your store's Homepage.
To revert back to using your original Homepage, just click the switcher to the "OFF" position and Save and your original Homepage will then be used again.
*Note: If you change the "URL and Handle" of the page that is set as the Homepage, then your store's homepage will revert back to using your theme's original homepage. To use the ZP page once again, go back to the Homepage feature setting within ZP, re-select the page and Save.
Once the Homepage feature is enabled, we're replacing the code in the index.liquid file (the default Homepage file) of your theme.
If the page you've selected as the Homepage is not using the Theme Header/Footer feature, then the file that controls your Homepage is: index.zipifypages.liquid
If the page you've selected as the Homepage is using the Theme Header/Footer feature, then the file that controls your Homepage is: index.custom.zipifypages.liquid
In order to preserve the index.liquid file's original code, we're creating a new Snippet file called index.original.zipifypages.liquid and placing the original code from the index.liquid file there:
Our code remains in the index.liquid file after clicking the "Remove Assets" button found at Settings > Advanced Settings > Application Assets Management, but the previous code from the index.original.zipifypages.liquid file will work instead. So, your original Homepage will be shown again after clicking that button without any additional action required.
However, in order to get your theme files back to their original state (if you want to remove the ZP app from your store or otherwise), you just need to copy the code from the index.original.zipifypages.liquid file:
Then use it to replace (copy over) the code in the index.liquid file and Save:
Then delete the index.original.zipifypages.liquid Snippet file and you're done!
If the Homepage feature is not working for any reason on your store and it's stuck on your theme's homepage instead, give the following troubleshooting steps a try in this order to see if it resolves the issue:
*Note: Enabling an Integration within the Settings > Integrations section of the Zipify Pages for an app that you don't have installed and/or configured will result in this feature not working properly. DO NOT enable an integration for an app that you don't already have installed and configured.
1. Disable the Homepage feature in the Zipify Pages app's Settings section.
2. In your Shopify admin, navigate to Online Store > Themes.
3. Click the "Actions" drop-down menu for the currently published theme and select "Edit code".
4. Find the index.original.zipifypages.liquid file in the Snippets folder and copy the code from that file.
5. Find the index.liquid in the Templates folder and click on it. Highlight all code in the file and paste over it with the code copied from the index.original.zipifypages.liquid file in the previous step, then Save the file.
6. Delete the following files from the Snippets folder (don't worry, they will be added back later):
*Note: If you've added any custom code to the index.zipifypages.liquid file, save a copy of it before deleting the file in a text doc so that you can add it back to the file after the process is completed.
7. Click the "Refresh Assets" button found at at Settings > Advanced Settings > Application Assets Management in the Zipify Pages app.
8. Enable the Homepage feature, re-select the page you want used as your Homepage and Save.
Then check your store's live Homepage to see if the steps above have resolved the issue.