On this page
- Accessing the Post-Purchase Offer Editor
- Working with the Editor
- Offer Page Styles
- Previewing your Offer Page
- Saving your Offer Page
The Post-purchase Offer Page Editor is where you configure the settings for the product you want used as the post-purchase upsell/downsell offer, any discount or extra shipping you'd like applied to your offer as well as the overall content and appearance of the post-purchase offer page that is presented to your customers.
Accessing the Post-Purchase Offer Editor
To access the offer page editor for a post-purchase offer you've added to a funnel:
- From the Dashboard screen (home), click into the "Funnels" section.
- Click on the name of the funnel that contains your offer that you'd like to edit, which will take you to the Funnel Builder.
- In the Funnel Builder, click on the post-purchase offer card that you'd like to edit.
- You will then be launched into the post-purchase offer page editor to start editing your offer!
Working with the Editor
The post-purchase offer page editor is designed to be intuitive and easy to use so you can start making offers in no time!
To edit, hover over elements in the page view. When you see the blue highlight simply click to edit that specific element.
Similarly, click on any section in the left sidebar menu to open the corresponding section of the page for editing.
Shortcodes are dynamic variables which can be used to display certain text in your page content. The following shortcodes work for the text content within any editable text field of the post-purchase offer editor:
All offer page Sections have a "Visibility" setting with the exception to BUY BOX 1 which is required to be used for the page.
To make a hidden section visible or to hide a currently visible section, simply click into the section and click the "Visibility" toggle to the ON/OFF position:
📝Hidden sections will have the crossed-out eye icon on them indicating the section is currently hidden from showing.
Applying a Discount and/or extra Shipping
To edit the offer (discount, shipping, etc.) open the BUY BOX 1 section in the sidebar.
There you can set the following for your offer:
◼️ Variants - Choose which variant(s) of the product you want to offer.
◼️ Discount - Choose the Discount you'd like to offer. 4 options are available:
- None - no discount, use full product price.
- Percentage - enter in the % off you'd like to offer the product at.
- Fixed amount - enter the $ amount off you'd like to offer the product at.
- Compare at price - uses the "Compare at price" you've set for your product in Shopify admin. *Note: This discount option does not actually discount your product price like percentage and fixed amount do.
📝Discounts applied for Percentage and Fixed amount are based on the product "Price" set in Shopify admin, not the "Compare at price".
◼️ Savings Label - If a discount has been added, enable this setting to add a "savings label" to your page, indicating to the customer the deal they are getting.
Savings Label Decorator:
This decorator uses the font family and font size from the “was” price. The savings label decorator has an input field limited to 18 symbols, bold style control, black color swatch, and green color swatch. Black color is selected by default.
◼️ Shipping - Choose whether or not to charge extra shipping for the offer. The options available are Free Shipping or Charge for Shipping.
If "Free Shipping" is chosen, it's recommended to enable the "Hide shipping line if shipping amount is 0.00" setting, to hide the Shipping line from showing altogether. Otherwise, some customers may get confused and think they are receiving free shipping for the entire order, instead of only for the particular upsell offer.
If "Charge for Shipping" is chosen, then the following options become available:
- Shipping Amount - Enter the exact amount of additional shipping you'd like to charge for the offer.
- Charge per unit - Enable (default) if you want the shipping amount you set to be charged for each unit that the customer adds to their order.
Disable if you want the shipping amount you set to be charged, regardless of how many units the customer adds to their order.
- Shipping Rate Title - Set the Title you want displayed for the additional upsell offer Shipping on the Shopify Order confirmation page and in the details of the Order in Shopify admin.
*Shipping Rate Title example on Order details in Shopify admin:
◼️ Predefined Quantity:
Use the "Predefined Quantity" setting to pre-set the quantity you'd like offered instead of the default (1 unit). If enabled, the customer won't be able to change the quantity set by you on the offer page.
📝Helpful for making bundle/multi-pack offers for example.
◼️ Hide Quantity Selector:
Enable this setting if you don't want the Quantity selector to be shown or used for the page.
📝Enable it if you predefine the quantity to > 1 unit for example.
◼️ Hide offer if upsell product is purchased at Checkout - This is a conditional setting telling this offer page to not show if the customer has already purchased the same item at checkout.
If you enable this setting, you will also have 2 different Quantity conditions available to choose from:
- In any quantity - Hides the upsell from showing if any quantity of the same product is purchased at checkout.
- In quantity of more than - Hides the upsell from showing if the quantity purchased is greater than the number you set.
- This setting is Product-specific and not Variant-specific I.e. it applies to the Product including all variants for that product. Don't enable this setting if you will be upselling more of the same product as the trigger product.
- If you've enabled this setting for Post-purchase Upsell 1 in the funnel, Post-purchase Upsell 2 will be shown instead and not the Downsell offer.
◼️ Bottom Divider - Enable this setting to add a bottom divider to the Buy Box section, to help distinguish it from the rest of the page if you'll be adding more content below.
Example of a built-out OCU post-purchase offer page can be found here.
Offer Page Styles
Because the one click post-purchase upsell offer is designed to be a continuation of the Checkout process, styles for the page (text color, font family, page background color, button color) etc. will all be inherited from your Shopify Checkout page automatically.
Those styles can be found in your Theme Editor by going to Online Stores > Themes > Customize > Theme settings > Checkout (at the bottom) in your Shopify admin.
For other element styles that will also be inherited, refer to the Page Styles Inheritance table below:
Can NOT be set manually. Shopify automatically sets a contrast to background color.
Checkout > BANNER image
Checkout > LOGO image
Checkout > LOGO > Logo Size
Whole page background
Checkout > MAIN CONTENT AREA background color. Image is not inherited.
Headline (callout banner)
Checkout > ORDER SUMMARY background color. Image is not inherited.
Form elements accent color
Checkout > COLORS Accents color
Checkout > COLORS Accents color
Checkout > COLORS Errors color
Checkout > COLORS Buttons color
Store Settings > Legal
The Header on the offer page(s) will be inherited from the Checkout section of the Shopify Theme Editor as well. The header will be displayed on the View mode and Preview on Store, but won’t be displayed in the in-app Editor.
The Footer on the offer page(s) will be inherited the Checkout section of the Shopify Theme Editor as well. The footer will be displayed on the View mode and Preview on Store, but won’t be displayed in the in-app Editor.
Previewing your Offer Page
The post-purchase offer page editor has built-in preview modes for Desktop/Tablet/Mobile, so you can see how your offer will be displayed on all different devices.
Once you're done previewing, click the " < Back To Editor" link to continue editing.
There is also a "Preview on Store" button you can click to see a URL Preview of your offer page opened in a new window. This is the best way to view how your offer page will actually be presented in most cases.
You can also share this preview URL with your designer or anyone else you'd like so they can view the preview and give editing tips and suggestions for improvement.
The preview URL will look like this for example:
📝Certain functions like Tax calculation (if applicable) and the "Pay Now / Decline Offer" buttons only function correctly on the actual LIVE post-purchase offer page(s) presented to your customer's after they checkout. They don't work correctly in Preview mode.
Saving your Offer Page
Once you've completed editing your offer and the page to your liking, don't forget to click the "Save" button to save your changes:
If this button is not clicked before exiting the editing session (or refreshing the page) then your work will not be saved and you will need to re-do it.
If you really like the offer page you've just created and want to have it be the default for new offer pages you add to funnels, click the "Save as Default" button and the current page will be the new default:
Please reach out to us in chat if you have any questions at all!