On this page
Place a LIVE Test Order
Something we recommend all new OCU users to do is to run at least one LIVE test order on Shopify Checkout to test out the upsell flow. Running a couple of test orders is going to help you know exactly how the app will present the pre- and post-purchase offers and to see if any issues arise.
To do that, follow the quick and easy steps below:
1. Navigate to one of your OCU Trigger Product pages on your Shopify storefront.
2. Click the "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now" button on the Product page.
- If "Add to Cart" is clicked, you will be directed to the Cart Page (/cart) if your Theme uses "Cart Page" as the cart setting. Otherwise, click the "Checkout" button from your AJAX Cart that shows directly on your Product page.
- If "Buy Now" is clicked, you will be directed to the Shopify Checkout and no pre-purchase offer will be shown.
3. If you go to the Cart Page and your Trigger Product has a pre-purchase offer associated with it, the offer will be triggered when the "Checkout" button is clicked. Otherwise, it will be triggered when the "Checkout" button is clicked from your AJAX Cart.
Add the pre-purchase offer to your order (if applicable) and you'll be directed to the Shopify Checkout.
4. Once on the Shopify Checkout, fill out the Customer information and Shipping steps of checkout. When the Payment step is reached, enter your Credit Card information into the Credit Card field available there and click the "Pay now" button.
⚠️ It is important to make a payment of at least $0.50 (either product or shipping) for the initial checkout purchase in order to see the post-purchase upsell sequence. Otherwise, post-purchase offers will be skipped and you'll be directed to the Shopify Order Confirmation page.
⚠️You must pay for the order in the same currency you've set for your Store currency in Shopify admin (Settings > General > Store currency). Post-purchase offers will not be shown for orders that use multi-currency.
5. Your initial order will be completed (including any pre-purchase offer added) and you'll be immediately redirected to the Upsell 1 one click post-purchase offer page.
Click the "Pay now · $XX.XX" button to add the offer to your order. You will then be redirected to the Upsell 2 post-purchase offer page or to the Shopify Order Confirmation page if Upsell 2 is not included in the funnel.
⚠️Post-purchase offers that have a price range from 0.1 - 0.49 in whichever currency your store uses are not able to be bought (the price must be .50 minimum). However, Free post-purchase offers are able to be added to the Order.
Top Reasons why no Post-Purchase Offers show
Currently, one click post-purchase offers will only be shown in the order is paid for using a Credit Card, by entering the CC information into the CC field at the Payment step of Shopify Checkout.
If you noticed a trigger product was purchased and the OCU post-purchase offer(s) did not show to that customer, here are some common possible reasons related to Shopify API limitations that may cause this issue:
- A currency other than the main currency of the store is used for the order. If the order uses multi-currency functionality, no post-purchase offers will be shown.
- If the original purchase is for $0 (“free” checkouts), post-purchase offers will be skipped.
- The original purchase was paid for entirely using a Shopify Gift Card.
- The original purchase was paid for entirely using a "manual" payment option like Cash on Delivery (COD).
- The original purchase was paid for entirely using a "Digital Wallet". (PayPal Express Checkout / Amazon Pay / Shop Pay / Apple Pay / G-Pay, etc)
*Shopify is projecting support for digital wallets in Q2 2021 🤞
- Cases where Shopify doesn't have a vaulted Credit Card from the customer on-hand and the original checkout is entirely paid for using a different payment method.
- Shopify has not vaulted the customer's credit card information in-time, before the post-purchase offer page is reached. Shopify is aware of this issue and are looking into a solution to handle this situation without slowing down the customer experience which is their top priority.
📝 These Shopify API limitations apply to every post-purchase upsell in the Shopify App Store, there are no exceptions.
For more details on how OCU Native works with your Shopify Orders, please see the information in our help article:
Please reach out to us in support if you have any questions we can help with!