On this page
- Credit Card processors
- Non-supported Payment Methods
- Digital Wallets & Offsite Payment Gateways
The new OCU Native app works as an extension of Shopify Checkout. Therefore, all payment processing is done on Shopify Checkout.
This means that all customers can view and accept Pre-purchase OCU offers and checkout using any payment method you currently offer on your Shopify Checkout.
Post-purchase upsell offers will only be shown to customers who pay using a Credit Card processor available for Shopify Checkout in your region, with the exception of the following:
- PayPal Payflow Pro
- PayPal Websites Payments Pro
Credit Card processors
Shopify Payments is of course fully supported for post-purchase offers!
For a complete list of supported credit card processors for your store and region, click into the Settings > Payments > Third-party providers section of your Shopify admin and then click on the "Choose third-party provider" button there to see the list:
Any "direct" payment providers listed there will work. A direct payment provider is a form of payment that is included on the Shopify Checkout. Your customer completes their payment on the Shopify Checkout, and is not redirected at any time during the checkout process.
External/offsite payment providers (such as Mollie) are not supported at this time. When your customer completes their order, they are redirected away from the Shopify Checkout to complete their payment with the external payment provider, so their payment information can't be vaulted by Shopify.
Non-supported Payment Methods
For the following scenarios, the one click Post-purchase offers will not be presented to the customer:
- The original purchase was entirely paid for with a Gift Card.
- The original purchase was entirely paid for with a "Manual" payment method, such as "Cash on Delivery" (COD).
- The original purchase was entirely paid for with a "Digital Wallet" type payment method.
- Any other flow where the original checkout is entirely paid, but Shopify doesn't have a vaulted credit card from the customer on-hand.
- The original purchase is for $0 ("free" checkouts), the post-purchase offers will also be skipped.
- The order used "multi-currency" I.e. paid for in a currency other than the one you've set as the Store Currency in your Shopify admin.
Digital Wallets & Offsite Payment Gateways
Post-purchase offer support for digital wallets and offsite payment gateways is being developed by Shopify with a projected release of Q2 2021 (this is subject to change at anytime).
- Digital Wallets (PayPal Express, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay, etc).
- Offsite payment gateway (Afterpay, Sezzle, Klarna, Affirm, QuadPay, etc)
Please reach out to us in support if you have any questions at all!